By joshjurg at 2009-06-29
Herein Lies the Rub..
The quiet afternoon at the Antler & Thistle quickly erupted into a brawl with goblins and hobgoblins raiding the town in broad daylight. Our heroes quickly discovered the extent of the incursion and did their utmost to aid Brindol’s Guardsmen to make their home safe once more. After no small amount of blood, sweat and tears, the townsfolk were able to sleep somewhat secure in the fact that their city was once again safe. The next morning Councilman Eoffram Troyas summoned the heroes to city chambers to Request that they fulfill several Tasks :
1) Safely Return Townsmembers :
- Jalissa – the acolyte of Ioun,
- Sertanian – the castellan of the Hall of Great Valor (Museum),
- Kartenix – the Guard Captain,
- Thurann – Kartenix’s 8 year old son,
- Mirtala – The Cook,
- Zerkissa – the old crone
- Andronsius – the Alchemist
Their safe return can be compensated in the sum of 200 golden coins from the city coffers.
2) Safely Return Relics :
- Ornate, gilded dragoncrest helm
- Cerermonial Platinum Longsword
- Set of three shields with the red hand insignia, each with a charred hole near the center.
- Set of Iron Gauntlets with extensive filgree
- Heraldic battle standard depicting two hands clasped in handshake
For this, the Brindol Society of Antiquities will offer you four gold bars (200 gp Value)
The Party set out – following goblin trails to the Northeast and finding the old ruins of Castle Rivenroar after about 9 hours of travel. Our party rested and entered the old crypt, only to find Hobgoblins and goblins on guard, waiting for them. The battle was quick, and the first antechamber of the crypts were secured.
Now it is up to our heroes as to what to do next.